Thursday, July 21, 2011

Roma, Italia (May 24 - 26)

I won't say too much about Rome because as they say a picture says a thousand words, and if I start writing about Rome, I'll end up writing a novel!


Interior of St. Peter's Basilica


St. Peter's Basilica

Details in St. Peter's Basilica

Outside St. Peter's Basilica

Tiny vegetation on a pillar of the bridge over the River Tiber

Mausoleum of Hadrian AKA Castel Sant'Angelo finished construction 139 AD overlooking the Tiber River

I'm not sure I have the words to describe this picture, but I think it's a good shot!

Merry-go-around next to a building that I forget the name of

Hangover II in Italian

Near the Piazza di Spagna

View from Villa Borghese park

Roman Pantheon - Marcus Agrippa, son of Lucius made this temple

Love this guy!!!!!!

Lizard!!!
Coliseum - need I say more?

Coliseum

Coliseum with the floor partially built as if it was back in Gladiator days!

Beautiful spread of ruins from the Palatine Hill

Home made seafood pasta

Home made tapas plate <3

Two-person elevator, pretty typical for medium-sized buildings

You open the doors yourself. I forgot and would just stand there when the lift arrived...

Terrifying jolt as the elevator arrives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment